Thursday, June 13, 2013

Posted by iampaolov | File under : , , , , , , ,

I would like to greet all Filipinos all over the world a Happy 115th Independence Day to all of us! I am proud to be Pinoy! We should all be proud!




I was just reading tweets and news about the celebration of our Independence Day and I was wondering if a typical Filipino still celebrate the Independence Day? I myself is guilty of not celebrating it, but in my defense I have my own way of celebrating it (palusot). I post pictures on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to remind everyone how proud I am on being a Filipino. I also try to write in Tagalog whenever I post something on my social networking sites. Small as it may seem, but at least I'm trying. I honestly think that year after year, the essence and importance of our Independence Day is slowly slipping away. The youth doesn't seem to mind it at all except for the kids who are obliged to study our history. I hope our Patriotism for our country will be relieved soon.


We can do our own small contributions. Here are some of my suggestions on how to support our country:

1. Buy Filipino products. Local Delicacies.

There are a lot of very tasty and delicious foods being offered by our country. Who needs Jack Daniels when we have our very own Lambanog? Haha. :]

Balut

Some of the very famous Filipino cuisines

Very delicious Filipino home made snacks


2. Another one is by supporting our tourism. This is where me and my family really make it to a point that we travel one local destination every year. The last one we've been was Boracay. We've been to Bohol, Palawan, Cebu, Bicol, Bacolod, and etc. Our natural resources are our strongest edge against other countries. We have very unique and impressive national treasures. We just need to support them and maintain them as well.

Mayon Volcano

Banaue Rice Terraces

Boracay

Magellan's Cross of Cebu



3. Last but not the least, by being a true Filipino at  heart. The values and traits that were instilled to us by our parents should always be with us until we grow old. Being respectful to the elders, the use of "po" and "opo", being hospitable when we have visitors and  the one which why we became very famous, our "precious smiles" :)





Again, Happy 115th Independence Day to us!


(NOTE: ALL PHOTO CREDITS GOES TO GOOGLE. THANK YOU!)


Keep the Faith.
Paolo

0 comments:

Post a Comment