Thursday, April 25, 2013


First of all I would like take this opportunity to thank everyone who read my blog. Ginebra fans are truly intense! It really feels good to relieve all the hardships and triumphs of the team! I've received a lot of suggestions on what should I feature on my blog and I've taken everything into consideration.



I've asked a number of Ginebra fans about their #GinebraExperience. Barangay Ginebra crowd can be considered as the 6th man on the floor. All the teams said that it is much harder to fight against Ginebra because of the presence of the crowed. I honestly enjoyed doing this questionnaire and I wanted to ask more, maybe in some other time :) I would like to say thank you to all those who answered and for those who tweeted and shared how long they have been supporting Ginebra! It's awesome!

I asked for the help of . & . for this survey and I chose the top answers for each question. It was really hard and fun as well! :) This was really fun! #GinebraExperience thanks for the time!

Teacher Darlene Cervantes(Photo from interaksyon)

 You've been a fan of Ginebra for how long? How did it all started?

-> Since birth. My family was a ginebra fan in the 90s. They actually coined my name out of Jaworski and Leo Isaac (Jaisac Masangkay, 22)
-> since nun buhay pa si papa ginebra na kami and still di nagbabago 😊 im sure si papa kahit nasa heaven na he still support BGSM (Angelica Garimbao)
-> I grew up to a family who loves Ginebra. Especially my mother. But it was my uncle/s who really introduced me on watching Ginebra games. Nung mgkaisip ako ng 5y/o ako, I always remember them to cheer, laugh, and jump every Ginebra wins. While I'm geting older and older, I really love listening stories about basketball and Ginebra. I always intend to her stories about my mother ans uncle's favorite players.(Irene Madeline)
-> Since 7 years old, my Dad used to bring me to Ginebra Games and taught me how to play basketball since I also have three brothers. (Carmilina de Dios)
-> Since I was 5 or 6. (not sure) Its all because of my father!! He was a Ginebra fan. (Rachel, 15)
->  am a fan of Ginebra for 11 years now. It started when I was Grade 3 then. I was watching with my father and nagtataka ako kung bakit sumisigaw palasgi si papa sa basketball. Ginebra na pala yun.(Rap)
-> I'm a fan of Ginebra maybe since birth and had sense to understand things. One time My father always tells me I'm always behave when Jaworski is on the tv and clapping and clapping when I hear Jawo's name. And since then I never stop watching PBA especially if there's a game of Jawo team.(Michelle Abao)
-> I became a fan when last conference started after drafting the rookies, I became an instant fan when I watched Chris Ellis, don't even know him. In a blink of an eye I became hooked to the crowd favorite Brgy.Ginebra I don't even missed one of their games! Really loving the "never say die" attitude of the Gin Kings! (Eca Domingo)

Do you play Basketball as well? I know how to play the game, but I am really not good. Haha!

-> Yes. I played basketball back in highschool. varsity of Laconsolacion highschool. idol ko nun si bal the flash david talaga. and PIDO:) and the catchy ginebra song diko makalimutan:) (Jennycoco)
->Yes, I play basketball (Briant Signo)
-> Yeah. Just like you, I play and know how to play basketball but I'm not a good player. Haha!(Rap)
-> I played basketball on my college days during intramurals pero.. Larong babae yun :) hehe.. I know how to shoot but Im not good :) :) :) (Lovely Digno)
-> Yes I do though not that active anymore. I was a college varsity player before.(Randall)
-> Haha. I play the game and played in leagues here in our subdivision but unfotunately did not excelled in the field. :D haha! Until now i practice but still not able to be a good one because of my height. Hahaha! :D (Julius Fernando)
-> I play basketball and I play very well because my father taught how to.And I watched so many moves on the PBA and also NBA. I continue to play but I am not confident enough to take on big guys because I am a short guy but I think I have what it takes to be a basketball player.(Kent Gonzales)
-> I do play basketball, most of the time playing pg with a good shooting touches, 3pts ofcourse.. :) (Eugene Apostol)
-> Since 1993..my dad is a huge fan of Ginebra. He loves Robert Jaworski so much. Actually i started as a purefoods fan. They were really strong, always winning. Ginebra on the othethand was always at the bottom of the team standings. but my dad never gave up on Ginebra. i saw how happy my dad got whenever Ginebra would steal a win. I realized its more fun to be a ginebra fan! :) i told myself i wanna be one of the legion of ginebra faithfuls. that was when i first know the meaning of NEVER SAY DIE!(Darlene Cervantes)


How does it feel to support and cheer the most popular  team in the PBA?


-> Nothing else feels like supporting Barangay Ginebra. It's not even about being the most popular PBA team in the league. Ginebra fans take pride in whatever we do all for the love of the team. (Kaye Cabal)
-> It feels great! Ginebra brings a lot of joy to me. Pinagpapalit ko pa nga girlfriend ko sa Ginebra eh. Hahaha! (Darelle)
-> Exciting. Kc alam mu marami kayo, laging home court, Kung baga maraming resbak. (Renncee)
-> It feels like i belong to one family who holds on to one dream and believes in one saying "Never Say Die".. Overwhelming. (Sheila De Chavez)
-> Aaaaah! Heaven!!! Ang saya maging fan ng Ginebra! Grabe! Tuwing may laban sila tutok ako. Pag namimiss ko laban nila naiiyak ako. Haha! Iba kasi talaga. Unexplainable pag nananalo't natatalo ang team. Ginebra all the way! :) (Trisha Verdedaro)
-> It feels I am one small voice that belongs to a huge family, a family with heart and the team reflects the filipino spirit resilient, and unwavering faith to what we love and believe in. (Alyana Capiral)
-> It is part of my system. Even though I've noticed that PBA has gone through "Dark Ages" , I was glad that they are able to overcome it and little by little they are able to revive the sport again.(Carmilina de Dios)


What made you decide to support Ginebra instead of the other teams? What is it with Ginebra itself?

-> Ginebra is Ginebra, there is that spirit..the passion..and the heart that made them standout among the other teams.(Sheila De Chavez)
-> For that one reason that the team plays with sheer heart and unbelievable guts and that same reason will make you realize, even if seeing them play for the first time, that this team is definitely above the rest.(Kaye Cabal)
-> The team signifies that even we face hardships we still have to stay strong, also probably because of the legacy of the living legend to us fans. The name of the team from way back to the early stage of the league up to now. It is more of the branding and yes, the Ginebra team brand has always proven their worth of the hype of the fans.(Alyanna Capiral)
-> I cant remember the date.. But its Game 6 Finals.. Ginebra vs TNT. They lost the Championship :( uwi kaming malungkot ng mga friends ko... pero proud to be Ginebra fan.. What's funny on our first time ehhh... yung inupuan pala namin... Puro TNT fans.. Inaaway na kami.. haha! Pero walang makakabago :) Ginebra fan ako (Lovely Digno)

Eric Menk

-> I just don't know. Seriously, my dad was a great fan of Jaworski and all of us got hooked with it. Ginebra have this certain passion and charisma that never fades. Whatever happened I am a forever Ginebra Girl.(Carmilina de Dios)
-> sa totoo lang po d ko din alam bakit ko nagustuhan ung ginebra sa una,, basta ang alam ko lang ay kung san ang papa ko dun ako!! pero ngayon na medyo may alam na din ako about sa basketball.. nakita ko sa ginebra ung discipline . disiplina sa sarili at disiplina bilang teamate! nakita ko ung disiplina lalo na nung may mga bago silang player from other team.. nabago ng ginebra ehh,, tulad ni baracael,, tingin ko sakanya nung nasa ibang team sya ay mayabang siya,, pero nagbago siya at naging player of the game pa sa isa nilang laban.. ganun ang ginebra ehh ang team na walang yabang,, kaya dapat ang mga player nito ay down to earth din,, meron din silang solid team chemistry, mabilis nilang na a adopt ung play ng bawat isa kaya nakakapag adjust sila,, tulad nalang ni urbiztondo.. newly player of BGSM pero magandang laro ang nagawa nya with other player ng ginebra! un ang wala ang ibang team na meron ang ginebra,, meron man sila ng mga yun,, pero hindi kasing solid ng sa GINEBRA! (Oliver Gonzales)

Can you still remember the first time you watched live to support Ginebra? When and who are they up against?

-> I watched Ginebra on a Christmas special. They are against Talk 'N Text. They won! (Briant Signo)
-> khit kailan hndi pa tlaga ako nakapanood ka c taga cebu ako ehh.. (Goldie Pardillo)
-> 2001 I think, game 2 vs purefoods, winning from a ronald magtulis miracle shot, ginebra having a twice to beat disadvantage...(Eugene Apostol)
-> January 23, 2005 – a day before my dad's 34th birthday. Hahaha! They were up against the San Miguel Beermen… and sad to say, Ginebra lost.(Cristine Victorino)
-> yun naaalala ko pa ung unang napanood ko sila sa big dome! against TNT un,, ung import pa ng ginebra si VROMAN! astig un! ung nasa no.1 spot ung TNT tapos tinalo sila ng ginebra!!!! ahahahah!! akala ko dati korny ng papa ko at kuya ko sa mga kwento nila na pag andun ka daw mismo ehh tlgang mapapatayo ka at mapapasigaw! un pala totoo nga.. madadala ka sa sobrang saya lalao na pag nakikita kong sumasalampak si idol VROMAN! astig! naaalala kopa nga ung tipong hanggang sa hall way ng araneta eh nag sisigawan ang mga fan! ung tipong may sumigaw lang na isang fan ng "GINEBRA!" lahat na sisigaw ng "GINEBRA! GINEBRA! GINEBRA!" at naalala ko pa noon ung may sumisugaw na fan ng BGSM na "talk n text!" biglang "BOOOOOOOOO!" naman ang mga ginebra fans.. hahahahaha so enjoy kaya ngayon nagpaparesere na ang kuya ko ng ticket kaso sold out na pero manonood kami one of this fight against TNT!! (Oliver Gonzales)


Are there any interesting stories or encounters you have experienced with the players?


-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJrH7JdbDIA&feature=youtube_gdata_player (got to interview Ginebra player/s) (Darlene Cervantes)
-> The first time I went to the practice was the first time I saw Ginebra in person. Mark Caguioa was still recovering from his knee injury. June 2009. The practice just ended, tapos na rin yung mga photo op with the players, then Mark Caguioa offered us to stay and talk with him habang nagth-therapy siya. And then there he was, my basketball superhero, right in front of me, answering all our questions and sharing with us his thoughts not only as a basketball player but also as a person. Hobbies, interests, favorites, lahat na. We were with him for over an hour. I was with Panatiko that time. May video nun somewhere online. Nagupload ako haha. My goodness. Unforgettable moment with my idol. (Kaye Cabal)
-> Getting a high five from each and every player of Ginebra on a PBA opening… That's the only one I can remember. Ugh, I badly want a picture with them!(Christine Victorino)
-> Once, we ate in Dad's Kamayan and we did not know that Ginebra will have their press conference this was way back to 2008 I think. I saw my ever crush Eric Menk. I asked for a picture but then I felt butterflies in my stomach and my mom was not able to take a good picture of us. sayang. But I smiled the entire week, feeling that Ginebra players are as real as they could (Alyana Capiral)
-> First time I visit the practice is the birthday of Jc Intal that was 2011 That was memorable because that was the first time I saw the team though they're not Jawo's era but it was aweaome experience, I'm shaking when I had my girst pictures with them.(Michelle Abao)
-> Bal David's son and I have the same pediatrician if I remember. We usually see each other in the hospital for regular check-ups (Jaisac Masangkay)
-> I've seen the spark caguioa sa galleria with lauren hudson twice i think. naka salubong ko sa elevator. jay jay's RR enriquez most of the time RT's our favorites my tweet pati sa IG account ko naglilike players when i post about them. And nakaka usap ko din yung mga popular fans like badet cardona or @petiksmode :) she's nice... i've met her sa forum days pa ng pba site as MOD MCDO ata. (Jennycoco)



Photo credits to google.

What's your Ginebra Experience?

Keep the Faith.
Paolo

6 comments:

  1. Nakakatuwang basahin yung mga sagot nila. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im happy na some of my answers were chosen but im happier because i know you've read my answers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nakakatuwa kahit hindi napili yung mga sagot ko. Hehehe.. Thank you sir.. Now lang ata nangyari na may humingi ng tulong sa aming mga fans. Hehe.. Thank you talaga sir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Baka late mo na napasa? :( Sayang. Fan din ako :) Pare-pareho tayo. :]

      Delete