Friday, April 19, 2013

Posted by iampaolov | File under : , , , , ,


One of the best parts of the show are the battle rounds. A lot of things are in stake, and you can definitely see that the contestants really wanted that final 6 slot on their coaches' team. Since the rounds 1 & 2 are already done, I pictured myself as a coach, and did my own decision making too. Let's see if I have the same decisions with the judges.

First to perform are #TeamADAM's Amber Carrington and Sasha Allen. I honestly thought Sasha Allen will eat Amber on stage but I was surprised that Amber stood out better than Sasha. I agree with Adam Levine on this one. Amber really did better that night. Their performance was one of the best of the night.

Team Adam#1: Amber Carrington
Steal: Shakira = Sasha Allen


Next was #TeamShakira's Garrett Gardner and J'sun. The Voice did not show the audition of J'sun but I had a feeling that he is a great singer. And he proved it, I disagree with Shakira on keeping Garrett, she should have chosen J'sun. With J'sun's voice, the sky is the limit! He deserved a steal for his performance!


Team Shakira #1: Garrett Gardner

#TeamBlake's Holly Tucker and Michelle Raitzin was the next one to battle. This was an easy one for Blake, for me Holly Tucker is one of the strongest singers on his team. No brainer for me, Holly Tucker really showed her talent.




Team Blake #1: Holly Tucker


I am excited with #TeamUsher since these two singers are both great, Jess Kelner and Taylor Beckham. they have different voices, and I agree with Usher that this is a very hard decision. But in the end, I agree with him. Jess Kelner did slightly better than Taylor.



Team Usher #1: Jess Kelner
Steal: Blake = Taylor Beckham

The next one are #TeamBlake's The Swon Brothers and Christian Porter. It could have been much more challenging if Christian Porter did something different, I think he was just out shined by the brothers. I just hope Blake don't use all his spots for all country artists. I hope he will try to make a balanced team. This was a right decision for Blake.

Team Blake #2:  The Swon Brothers


And the last one, Team Adam's Judith Hill and Karina Iglesias. Karina is good, but Judith's experience is just too much to handle for any contestant on The Voice! She's really great! Stage presence and all, she is in it to win it! ha! 

Team Adam #2: Judith Hill
Steal: Shakira = Karina Iglesias

#TeamAdam's Warren Stone and Michael Austin battled out the next night, it's nice to see two country artists not on Blake's team. Adam got it wrong on this one, Michael showed greater vocals and performance. 
Blake should have stolen Michael!

Team Adam #3: Warren Stone


#TeamUsher's Josiah Hawley and Jeff Lewis are up next. After watching their performance, I could only think of one thing; wrong song choice by Usher. That is not a great song to start with. On the other hand, Usher should have chosen Jeff Lewis!

Team Usher #2: Josiah Hawley


I hate that the producers are not showing all the performances! They deserve some spotlight!


Team Blake:  Grace Askew vs Trevor Davis = winner: Grace Askew 



Team Usher: Audrey Karrasch vs Jamila Thompson = Winner: Audrey Karrasch


Team Shakira: Tanya Reynolds vs Mark Andrew = Winner: Tanya Reynolds

I am excited for the next one since Danielle Bradberry will be performing, I think she is also one of Blake's strongest singers. Caroline Glasier did good too! I was surprised, their version of Put Your Records On are great! 


Team Blake: Danielle Bradberry
Steal: Caroline Glasier = Team Adam

(Photo credits: All photos are from the NBC The Voice)

Can't wait for next week! After the first two rounds of battle rounds, Team Adam definitely is way ahead from the other teams!

Keep the Faith.
Paolo

0 comments:

Post a Comment