Wednesday, April 24, 2013


This episode of Battle round has got to be the best battle round I've ever seen on this show. All the singers that performed were all great that I had to watch this episode thrice! Maybe it just fell on the right place and on the right time. From the beginning till the end of this episode, I was amazed with all the performances and hoped that no one will be sent home. 

Here's my take once more if I think the judges made the right decisions:

First to perform was the powerhouse vocalist Jessica Childress and the RNB Singer Vedo. I honestly hate the fact the Usher made them face each other since I believe that either of these two can take Usher until the end. I'm sure that this will be an epic performance but at the same time regret the fact that the other one will be sent home or be stolen by the other coaches.

Usher picked Bruno Mars' Locked Out of Heaven. Great song choice. Both did great. Usher chose Vedo. I agree with Usher. He did the right decision. Why? I see Vedo as Usher prototype, therefore making it easier for Usher to really mold Vedo into what he wants, the experiences of Usher will surely benefit Vedo in the long run of this competition and even on his music career after The Voice. Vedo's voice is clear, and flexible. You can do anything and sing anything with him! However, I was disappointed that no one stole Jessica. Common! She's one of the greatest! She deserves to be on that show! 

                                                                 Usher picked: Vedo

The next one to perform are the singers from Team Shakira. Monique Abbadie and Luke Edgemon. I honestly thought that Luke had no chance of winning against Monique because of the facts that she is a Latina like Shakira and that she has a really powerful voice. But after their performance, man, Luke ate Monique alive! He was a surprise! I thought that it was also a little bit unfair because Monique got more solo time than Luke but still Luke edged her out on this one. Shakira chose Monique Abbadie. Shakira just lost another chance of making it to the finals by eliminating Luke.

Surprisingly, Blake Shelton used his last steal on Luke. Which gives Blake a much stronger team because of Luke. Bad mistake Shakira! Costly mistake on this one!

Shakira chose Monique Abbadie

Blake Shelton's Savanah Berry and Jacqui Sandell. I think Blake got it right this time, Savanah Berry delivered the better performance of the night, although I really think Jacqui has the potential to be a very good singer. The song choice may have been a factor for Jacqui since she is not that familiar with country music. Nevertheless, she did great. 

Blake chose Savannah Berry

Up next is my personal favorite on the whole competition Kris Thomas going against C Perkins. I thought Kris got this one, it will be easy for him to win this one but I was surprised with C, he sang and really gave Kris a good fight. I definitely agree with Shakira's decision to choose Kris Thomas. He is the best on her team and I am 90% sure he will take Shakira until the end. I am also glad that Usher stole C Perkins. Usher will make C Perkins a better singer! A win-win situation for #TeamShakira!

Shakira chose Kris Thomas

I consider the next one as one of the best of the night. Team Adam's Midas Whale and Patrick Dodd. Adam changed up the melody and it paid off. Midas Whale definitely out shined Patrick on this one. I can see Midas Whale staying a little bit longer on this competition but will definitely not represent team Adam on the end.

Adam chose Midas Whale

Usher definitely got great singers on Orlando Dixon and Ryan Innes. Ryan Innes was one of my favorites but it was interesting on how he will go up against Orlando. They have different styles and I was hoping Usher will choose Orlando but Ryan really got the better of Orlando on this one. Orlando was overdoing it and Ryan was just singing it cool and smoothly. Usher made the right choice. It was also nice that Adam chose Orlando. He can still show us more.

Usher chose Ryan Innes

(Photo credits from the Fanpage of NBC The Voice)

This episode has got to be my favorite episode for Battle Rounds! I hope the last episode of Battle Round will be as good as this one!

Do you agree with me?

Keep the Faith.
Paolo


     

0 comments:

Post a Comment