Sunday, July 28, 2013




I am a huge fan of the American adaption of The Voice and that is why I am really grateful that we were able to bring the franchise on our country. It's no question that Filipinos are probably one of the best if not the best singers in the whole world. Charice, Lea Salonga, Arnel Pineda and Paolo Valencia to name a few. Hahaha. It's not surprising though since we Filipinos really love to sing and belt our lungs out during our Karaoke times with our friends.



The expectations were really high, from the set, to the hosts and to the contestants, the pressure will be there for the production team of TVOTP. But I have to give props to them for giving their all on this one. Of course we can't compare USA to us, for obvious reasons we lacked something, from the location to the stage setup but what's important is the talent that we will be witnessing on that stage. Talent is still greater than all of those. 


Now we go to the judges, this set of judges is probably the best set of judges on any singing competition we've ever had in our country. Bamboo-Sarah-Lea-Apl. They created their own name in their own music genre. 


Bamboo provides that cool and awesome vibe that will make you really believe that he wants you to be on his team, plus the fact that he really has an eye for very beautiful ladies even he hasn't seen them yet! That's an awesome gift! Ms. Lea Salonga gives that very lively and positive vibe. She shows how she wants you badly, and really gets into it whenever someone performs really well. She is just very transparent. Apl De Ap clearly gives that international feel whenever he talks, you know he clearly knows what to do to make it to the international scene. Sarah Geronimo provides that certain charm and lights up the whole set whenever she speaks. 

I am very excited for this season! I've been watching the audition clips and I must say that the poor stage setup is being outpowered by the great voices of the contestants! All in all, I am very proud that we were finally able to raise our singing competition to a higher quality!

After the blind auditions, I can safely say that in my opinion, Team Apl is the strongest team followed closely by Team Lea, Team Bamboo then Team Sarah. Stay tuned for my next blog for the explanations. I'd also give my predictions for the Battles.

Who stood out for you during the blind auditions? Tell me! :)

PS: Grabbed photos from Google.

Keep the Faith.
Paolo 

0 comments:

Post a Comment