Sunday, August 4, 2013


 The battles last night were quite good. I made my predictions on who will win for each battle and I scored 3/4. Not bad right? Who did good and who was sent home? Let's begin.

First up is #TeamApl and he paired Mighty Thor Dulay and Sir Lord Lumibao. Upon just looking on their names, I can safely say that Thor has it in the bag. No doubt. He will be just cruising along and probably just wait for his name to be announced by Apl as the winner. I was right, from the song choice itself, I'll Make Love To You, the song clearly fell on to Thor's advantage. This is his song. He can sing it anytime. While for Sir Lord Lumibao, he obviously struggled and hence the defeat to Thor. No questions asked, Thor deserved this win.


Thor vs Sir Lord Lumibao

As much as I am very vocal that I will support Thor until the end, I can feel that he is still holding back. I don't know why, but I still feel he has something more to show. Maybe he is saving it all for the live shows, but I hope he performs and gives his best every time since we won't know if that will be our last performance.

Team Lea is up next to perform, and I got to say this is one of the worst performances so far. Diday and Japs Mendoza were the ones who battled it out. Diday did good, she did what she can do with the song, while as for Japs I think his youth brought out the worst in him last night. He was struggling from note to note and I think they really both have a hard time on this one. I think the reason why Mr. Gerald Salonga wasn't able to pick one is because he thinks that both of them really screwed up on this one, but I am glad Diday won this one.

Diday vs Japs: Daylight

Yuki Ito and Kathreen Castro were the next to perform. Coach Sarah picked the song Baliw for them to perform. In this battle, we clearly saw that Yuki is struggling because he somehow lost his voice but when the battle round came, he found a way to still own that song. On the other hand, Kathreen Castro was obviously intimidated with Yuki's presence. She wasn't able to have a moment on that song and that caused her to lose this battle. Sarah Geronimo got it right with Yuki.

Yuki vs Kathreen


Coach Bamboo's Angels are the last one to perform. Nicole Prada, Angelique Alcantara and Deb Victa fight for that one elusive slot of Team Bamboo. I predicted Nicole to win since I was impressed with her audition the most. But I have got to say, Angelique owned this battle! I was surprised to see her that confident and just really in it to win it. She was on a different level last night, she clearly left Deb and Nicole way behind with her performance.

Angelique, Deb and Nicole

I was sure that Angelique owned that round but I am not sure if Coach Bamboo will do the same. I can still remember the Lee Grane - Dan Billano controversy and I don't want to get my hopes too high once more. I thought he will still pick Deb Victa but I was very happy that he made the right decision. I was rooting for Nicole, but that night clearly belongs to Angelique.

2 rounds down, more to go! This is clearly the best part of the show!

Let's all watch the new episode tonight. :)

Credits to: Ithevoiceph for the videos. :)

Keep the Faith.
Paolo

0 comments:

Post a Comment