Monday, August 5, 2013


Last night was better than last Saturday. I was impressed with the contestants who did not have that much noise during their blind auditions. But before we start, I was really happy that Sir Lord Lumibao is really sport to admit that Thor was the better man at the night of their battle.




Who got eliminated? Let's start.

First one was Coach Bamboo. He paired up Paolo Onesa against the Father-Son team, Cordovales Duo. I was not that familiar with the Cordovales Duo so I predicted Paolo to take this battle but I was wrong, he was clearly outperformed by the Father-Son duo. I think why Coach Bamboo chose Paolo was he sees himself with Paolo. He said that he was like that before but he was able to adopt to the need of the industry and I think that's what he saw in Paolo. It's not like Paolo did bad on that performance. I think Bamboo still did the right choice. Paolo has a greater chance of becoming big in the industry rather than the Cordovales Duo.



This will be another controversy for Bamboo as people thought that this was hands down a Cordovales Duo win. I am puzzled on what Coach Bamboo is planning for his team.

Up next are Coach Apl's Dream Bebots. :) He paired three very beautiful girls in Penelope, Moira and Cara. I can still remember their auditions so I thought this will be an easy win for Penelope. And I was right, it might be tough to say but Cara and Moira did bad on that battle. They were struggling. Penelope was the only bright spot on this performance. Nothing to say but this was just a very easy win for Penelope. He was clearly the Dream Girl for Apl. Coach Apl clearly has the most talented team on this season. 

Penelope was the star of the night


Coach Lea's team clearly brought the house down tonight. Probably the best performance of the night. I even asked Ms. Lea Salonga if its possible to have a studio version of this one. To my surprise, she replied back! :) :) :)






Kimpoy won this battle against his good friend Taw

Taw and Kimpoy really did a very good job on the song Without You by Usher. Although they both did great, I can really see Taw staying longer on this competition. I was surprised when Coach Lea picked Kimpoy. He is good, but Taw also did good on this performance. Everyone was emotional, even Coach Sarah was somehow teary-eyed. I just hope Taw gets a shot to be in the music industry because we need someone like her. Props to Kimpoy for winning this one.

Team Sarah's Junji Arias and Dave Lamar were the last performers of the night. Upon seeing this pairing, I honestly felt bad for Dave Lamar. Come on, battling with Junji? It's like facing suicide. Dave has a chance but with that song Bohemian Rhapsody, his chances clearly went from 50 to clear zero. Dave is a good singer, it's just that he was paired with a really really great singer. Junji clearly owned him on that battle. No questions asked.

Junji and Dave rocking Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody

I am looking forward for next week! Excited to see my bets Janice Javier, RJ Dela Fuente, Radha and Maki Ricafort face their battles against equally good singers. 

Even my good twitter friend RJ Dela Fuente is excited for this battle:



Do you agree with the decisions of the Coaches?

Credits to: Ithevoiceph for the videos.

Keep the Faith.
Paolo



2 comments:

  1. Agree with the coaches' decisions *another EXCEPT FOR* Bamboo. I share that same question with you, what is he planning to do with his team?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. No one knows, but I do hope he will have something in store for us come the live shows. He made a lot of controversial choices, well, for most of the people watching the show.

      Delete