Saturday, August 17, 2013



Sorry for the late upload, been experiencing bad internet connection for the past week. Good thing they were able to get it done before tonight's episode.

What did we miss last week? Did the coaches made good decisions? Will we see another surprise pick from Coach Bamboo? Let's see.

Team Bamboo opened the night for Battle Rounds. Isabella Fabregas and Angelica Prado battled out with the song "Don't Speak" of No Doubt. No doubt that this was a very great performance and a very controversial one. I think in this performance, it was Angelica who outperformed Isabella Fabregas. Another surprise pick from Coach Bamboo. I am now confused on what is his plan for his team. 



No DOUBT, his team is the weakest SO FAR. No offense to the talents he have on his team right now, they are all talented but they're not enough to battle Thor, Radha, Maki and Junji. I was really disappointed because during blind auditions, Team Bamboo was close enough to winning this competition. But after the Lee Grane controversy, it was just followed by another one. I just hope that during the last part of the battle rounds, he will be able to put up a competitive team.





Big Momma J and Lance Fabros battled it out for a slot on Team Apl's team. They sang "Don't Stop Believing". I think this is a mismatch and wrong pairing. You know who will win even if you don't watch them perform.



I couldn't say that it was a great performance since in my opinion that song wasn't really one of their genre. Maybe it was too low or high for one of them but I commend Janice Javier's stage presence. I felt her performance, she really doesn't want that night to be her last. Clearly, her hard work paid off. Lance wasn't just able to keep up with the intensity of Janice Javier. Coach Apl is really blessed and packed with a lot of talents!



The next one was in my opinion the best battle of the night. Team Lea's Darryl Shy and MJ Podolig. Their song might not be really a typical battle song but that really doesn't matter as long as they can deliver what the message of the song asked. I hope they can record a studio version of "Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka".


I can say that Mr. Daryl Shy is the dark horse on Team Lea.  You might underestimate him but I can really see that he has more to give on this competition. As for MJ Podolig, he did great but nothing spectacular. Coach Lea is really great in giving advices to her team. She is not holding back on anything, she will say anything she wants because she wants you to be better. I would love to be coached by Ms. Lea Salonga.


Last battle of the night was Team Sarah's Mommy Eva Delos Santos and Michaellen Temporada. I can consider this as an odd pairing but I was really surprised with Coach Sarah's team performance so far. Her team is for me, the team to beat in this competition. She might be an underdog during the blind auditions but she have surpassed Coach Bamboo's team in terms of giving the audience the performance they deserve. Coach Sarah continues to impress me with her song choice, mentoring and even her positive vibe that everything will turn out right. She is proving everyone why she deserves to be seating next to those 3 other judges!


Mommy Eva was just the better singer that night. :) Just sad to see a good singer leave the competition this early.


Last 2 battle rounds left! I honestly can't wait for RJ Dela Fuente, Radha and Maki Ricafort's battle. :) 

Credits to: VoicePH for the photos and TheVoiceABSCBN for the videos.

Do you agree with me? Did they made the right decisions?

Keep the Faith.

Paolo

0 comments:

Post a Comment