Saturday, August 17, 2013


Two more battle rounds before we head to the live shows, I am addicted to this show! Surprised that I am this passionate as I am with the US version of the show. Filipinos are really the greatest singers in the whole world!

This episode proved to us why Sarah Geronimo, the youngest judge in the competition. Her battles are by far the most consistent in terms of vocals and performance itself. She maybe the underdog but she is surprising everybody that despite of her youth, she can still help them and mold them into better performers!


THIS IS MY FAVORITE BATTLE. Up to now, I am still singing this song. Haha. Team Sarah's Maki Ricafort and Hans Dimayuga performed K. Lamar. I never knew this song until the time they performed it. I am really sad that someone has to go because they really performed this song like they're having a guest performance on The Voice! The vocals, adlibs were all great! Maki Ricafort really took this competition to a higher level. He might not be as talked about as Thor, Lee Grane or Junji but he is clearly making noise at the right time. I hope to see him in the finale! 


As for Hans Dimayuga, best things in life are yet to come. You are too talented to not be in this industry. :) You deserve another chance.

That was a hard act to follow as the next contestants have to match or even exceed the performance of Maki and Hans. It was the turn of Team Apl's two Bebots namely Emmanuelle Vera and Jessica Reynoso. If the last one was the best performance in the competition, this one by Emmanuelle and Jessica has got to be one of the worst. No chemistry and harmony was done in this performance. Pure battle. It should be good since this is really a battle round but they did not sound good at all. Too much trying to overpower and overshadow one another. I don't know if Coach Apl made the right decision.


Not a good interpretation of the song Just Give Me A Reason



Team Bamboo's Talia Reyes and Denise Sagun are the next to perform. I honestly got bored with this performance so I think I'd also go with Talia. They sounded great and all, but I did not feel anything. They just performed it. 


Denise looked overconfident on this performance and I think it didn't do her any good. Talia just performed with more composure. I am really finding it hard to understand on what will be the game plan of Coach Bamboo come live shows, did he do this so that Lee Grane will have much easier opponents and it would be easier for him to put him until the finale?



Team Lea's trio of RJ, Juvi and Ranier were the last performers of the night. I thought that Juvi would win this one but after watching the performance, RJ clearly deserved to win. Ranier and Juvi sounded mad which is not what the song tries to say. RJ kept his cool and performed with ease. Ranier and Juvi tried so hard for this one and even Coach Lea and guest judge Mr. Gerald Salonga noticed it too. There were just too much trying going on. This was a clean win for RJ.



I did not know that RJ have a relation to the Valenciano's and all. But I think this is unfair for him to be labeled that his entry to this competition was "luto" or fixed so that he can be in the industry too. It's unfair. He sounded great. He sings well. He has the talent. He is in the competition and I believe he is here to stay. He doesn't deserve the hate that he's been getting! Heads up bro!




Credits: VoicePH for the photos and TheVoiceABSCBN for the videos.

Still rooting for Team Apl, but my second team is now Team Sarah. :] How about you?

Keep the Faith.

Paolo


3 comments:

  1. I agree with your post on team apl as a strong team. Thor and Janice are hard hitters. But will you agree that how the coaches strategically place their singers, form them, showcase their vocal abilities have a huge impact in the last say? If yes, then team Sarah has the clear advantage. You said it yourself best battle came from team Sarah and worst battle came from team apl (as of battle 5)
    I point the good thing that happens in a good battle, a battle where harmonies are tight and both singers are toe to toe, it highlights the winner as a really good singer and the loser leaves the competition with a mark where viewers catch themselves saying “sayang naman” and would even go as far as “mas magaling pa sya kaisa sa ibang nakapasok”
    Ok, I am biased as I am a popster. But consider too that team Sarah has momentum come live show. And may I add, coach Sarah for about a year her last name was, in essence, Live. Sarah G. Live!!! Sorry. Maipasok lang :D hi hi hi hi.

    Watch out for Klarisse. She already has a following (based on reading tweets). Add that to her coach’s proven dying hard, voting machine solid fans and you get a recipe for success. And Klarisse is a good singer… a really really good singer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Agree. Sarah clearly brought out the best in each of the members of her team. Her team is the strongest along with Apl.

      Thanks for your great input. Popsters are everywhere! Haha. God Bless!

      I will look forward for Klarisse's performance.

      Delete
  2. nice blog by the way.

    more on klarisse. my post about her ... that is if she wins this battle. I know it is taped but I got no inside scoop from my fellow popsters. airing in less than an hour. hi hi hi

    keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete