Saturday, August 17, 2013

Posted by iampaolov |
The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself. - Douglas McArthur


The past week was probably the luckiest week of my life! I don't know how to explain it but the luck was really on my side last week. Well, until last night. 


It all started when I found FIBA Asia 2013 will be held here in Manila. Although I am not a player, but I am definitely a big basketball fan and I would love to see great games live. Another reason why I wanted to watch live is to see my IDOL LA Tenorio. He is my favorite player along with Mark Caguioa. It would be a dream come true to watch him play live. 



It would also be the chance for me to support our Gilas team because as what I have heard, we have a pretty strong team this season. Whether they're strong or not, I will still support them! 

Gilas Pilipinas had their first game on August 1, 2013 against Saudi Arabia. I was not able to watch live because I have work at that time and I was saving money for future references. After work I went home immediately and fortunately I was able to catch the start of the second quarter. I was happy that they won their first outing against Saudi Arabia.



I took that shot when I watched their second game last August 2, 2013. I rushed off from work and took MRT just to made it in time for their match. One thing I forgot, I don't have a ticket for the game! What I did was I took the long road, and bought a ticket from a scalper. Haha! I asked if the Lower Box seating will be for how much, he said it would cost me P1,500 pesos (P800 pesos is the original price). I asked if he can give me a lower price since I really don't have that enough money to give. He said that he can give it to me for P1,400 pesos. I took it and bought it from him. I even asked for his number so that if i'll be able to watch again, I will buy from him again so that he will give me more discount. All of this to support our team! Haha!

That night,they were up against Jordan and people are saying that Jordan is quite a formidable team. It was a tight first half, but our team really emerged as the winners in the end. Jeff Chan was the main protagonist that night! I quickly became a fan! He is really good!

Here are some of the photos I took during the game:





After that game, I lost my voice but I know that I want to watch them again. The next day, they will be going up against Qatar which is a stronger team than team but beatable. It was when I saw the Twitter promo of @PLDTHome. The criteria was to give a message to our Gilas team and tag them. If I remember it right, I sent 300 entries for that promo. 


I had a bad day that time, I was late for work because of the first day of the implementation of the Southwest Terminal that greatly affected the commuters of Cavite. I was late for 2 hours and just prayed that I would win that promo for me to end my day right.

Around 3PM they announced the winner of two Patron tickets for the game that night. I was really surprised that I won! 

Here's the message of @PLDTHome:




I was really happy because it's my first time to see them that near so I took the chance and shot a lot of photos! I even saw different personalities and I also bought a jersey for myself. Gilas Pilipinas won against Qatar. I am now starting to believe that I am the lucky charm of our team. Haha!








Close with Marcus Douhtit

I got to shake hands with the Vice President of the Philippines!!!


Got a chance to take a photo and talk with Senator Alan Cayetano. He said my jersey looks nice. Haha. He is a great guy!

Did I win more raffles? Find out on the part 2 of my blog. :]

Keep the Faith.
Paolo




0 comments:

Post a Comment