Saturday, August 17, 2013

Posted by iampaolov |

After the game of Gilas Pilipinas against Qatar, I went  home and while checking my networks, I saw a tweet from @SMMegamall that you can win tickets for tomorrow's game if you RT(retweet) their tweet about Gilas. So this is one entry per person game. There's nothing wrong with trying so I did it. I RT'd their message. Around 5AM the next day, I woke up and I was really surprised to the point that I was laughing that early because I was asking myself, what are the odds? I won! I was one of the three winners on their promo!

Just amazing right? I found out that I won 3 Upper Box tickets and I'd have to claim it at the venue itself. I was ready to watch from that far when I saw the tweet of @PLDTHome that they will be giving 2 Lower Box tickets to those who will give a good inspirational message to Gilas. Like what you say when you are in the middle of a huddle. Since I cannot join myself, I asked my good friend Jared Puyo to join the contest but I was feeling lucky that day, so I told him that I will be the one to compose the message, just use your account to send it. He sent around 185 tweets, and boom! He won too! I was laughing again because I can't believe he won! What are the odds once again! 

Now we have four tickets on our hands. What I did was I messaged my college friend to ask him if he wants to watch the game with his wife. He said they will watch so I gave my tickets to him and I watched on the Lower Box section. Gilas Pilipinas was up against Hongkong when we watched the game. Gilas won again. (3/3 so far: with me watching) haha!





It's my rest day the next day so I thought I'd watch from home this time. Until I found out they'll be going up against Chinese Taipei! I called SM Tickets and said that the tickets are sold out and I'm pretty sure the scalpers price would be much higher because of what's stake on this game. Both are at identical 3-0 standing. 

Gilas lost that game. I blamed myself for not watching live. Haha. Gilas went down to 3-1 but still was able to qualify for the next round. I promised myself that I will do everything to watch them play until the championship!

I missed their games for against Japan  but they won that one it only proves that I'm not responsible for their loss against Chinese Taipei. Haha. 

I saw that @GatoradePH is having their promo as well. Tweet your message of cheer to Gilas Pilipinas. I won't be able to watch the game live so I shared the promo to my friends on Facebook. One friend messaged me and asked me how to do it, he even created a Twitter account for that promo. I said that he will win this one! And he did! He won! I was amazed with the string of luck that i'd been getting and now that I have shared my luck to others. I was really amazed at that time! They won against Kazakhstan by 30 points.

The next game that I saw was their game against South Korea, probably the biggest game of their lives. If they win, they will be qualified to Fiba World Cup in Spain this 2014. That is the main goal of the team. To be able to qualify to Fiba World Cup. Winning Fiba Asia is our goal too but finishing second was the more possible thing at that time since Iran was playing extremely well.

Since tickets are also sold out, I decided to join the promo of @GatoradePH using my own account, if I can share my luck to others, maybe I have some luck remaining. And................ I won! :) I won two Lower Box tickets. I brought my father with me and we enjoyed the game! That was the best game I've ever been in my entire life!

I am so proud to be a Filipino! Even if Marcus Douhtit wasn't playing, they showed HEART and gave it their all. The crowd was really wild and I am very happy the team didn't fail everyone! Proud of them!

One of the greatest Korean Basketball players, Shin Dong-Pa

The battle cry of our team. PUSO!



After winning against Korea

Eventhough Gilas lost to Iran in the finals, I am still very proud of them! They all played their hearts out and gave their best! Salute to Coach Chot and to the rest of the coaching staff! PUSO! 

I thought my lucky streak will be over since the Fiba Asia ended already but I believe that there's a saying that if it rains, it pours. So as my luck. Haha. I joined @SMARTpromos contest to win tickets for Mr. Ogie Alcasid's concert in the MoA Arena. To cut the story short, I won two tickets for the concert and I told my sister to use her account to join too. Apparently, when I used her account to sent entries, my entries were chosen.





I enjoyed the concert and I am very thankful to God for all the opportunities and blessings that he has been showering me. :) Thank You Lord!

I'm lucky but I want to consider myself more as blessed. 

Keep the Faith.
Paolo



0 comments:

Post a Comment