Sunday, August 18, 2013


Last night, we were very lucky to see very great battles from most of the teams. They really saved the best for the last. I was very excited for the live shows. Who made it to the next round? Let's see.

Team Apl started the night with his two OPM belters in Cora Dela Cruz and Jessica Corpuz. They will be singing the hit song of Sugar Free "Makita Kang Muli". I really forgot Jessica at all so I was impressed that she can keep up with Cora. Jessica took care of the high notes and the harmony but she also guided Cora along the way. The only advantage that I saw that made Apl pick Cora was her strong attitude and strong deep vocals. It was a good decision from Coach Apl.


Cora and Jessica singing "Makita Kang Muli"

Team Apl is now complete and I am very pleased with his team. Thor, Janice, Tristhan, Cora, Jessica and Penelope! One of the strongest team this season!


Coach Bamboo paired the 4-chair turner Myk Perez and John Philip Duka. I was impressed with Myk during the blind auditions but Philip surprised me on this battle. He was able to outperform Myk and that is the reason why I think he should have won. Myk looked and sounded nervous, while on the other hand, Philip was just comfortable. He might have some pitch problems but overall I think he did better last night. I don't agree with Coach Bamboo on this one.


Myk won against John. Myk completes Team Bamboo


Team Bamboo is now complete. Leading his team are Lee Grane, Paolo Onesa and Myk Perez. Angelique, Isabelle and Talia also made it. Let's all be honest, we all know it. His team is the weakest. I'm 80% sure the final slot for this team will just be against Lee Grane and Myk Perez. 


Coach Sarah chose Gabriel Ramos, Rouxette Simon and her former competitor Klarisse de Guzman for the last battle. They will be singing the song by Gotye, "Somebody That I Used To Know". At first I was not sure about the song choice since this is quite an odd song but Coach Sarah proved that it is actually a good decision. Klarisse and Gabriel obviously have the upper hand while Rouxette is just struggling. Upon hearing the rehearsals, I can say that this battle will be just between Klarisse and Gabriel.


Come the performance, I was right. Gabriel and Klarisse did their parts. They were both amazing. Klarisse gave a better vocals and I think that made Coach Sarah to choose her. I was underestimating Klarisse at first but I was wrong. She can totally win this competition. If Team Lea has Darryl Shy as the dark horse, Team Sarah also has one in the name of Klarisse de Guzman.





Team Sarah is the strongest team this season! Her team's talent is just overflowing! Junji, Klarisse, Morissette, Yuki, Maki & Eva Delos Santos! Team to beat!

Upon seeing the pairing for Team Lea. We all knew this will be epic. Fil-Aussie Marissa Saroca battling it out with the powerhouse soulful singe Radha. I was actually expecting Radha to really beat the crap out of Marissa because of her experience and all but Marissa out of nowhere just came out to perform! She really did great! There were some parts that I was really rooting for Marissa but just when I was making up my mind, Radha's vocals are just too good to be ignored!


I have to give this one to Coach Lea. This is a hard decision. Who will you choose? The one who had her time and is asking for a second chance or the one who is trying to make it big for the first time?

Experience wise, I think Coach Lea did the right thing. I wish we could have seen more of Marissa.

After Team Sarah & Team Apl, Team Lea comes close on being one of the strongest teams. Parading powerhouse belters in Mitoy and Radha, young bloods Kimpoy and Diday, together with RJ Dela Fuente and Darryl Shy making her team to be the most diverse team in this competition. 

Who's excited for the live show? I am!

How will you rank the teams in terms of being strongest to weakest? Tell me.

Credits: VoicePH for the photos and ITHEVOICEPH for the videos.

Keep the Faith.
Paolo.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your observation that Team Sarah has the strongest team. Initially, I wasn't too sure how she would fare as a coach/judge but she completely made a believer (dare I say a Popster? Haha) out of me during the battle rounds. Her team turned in solid performances week after week and her song choices for the battles were always spot on. I think her experience as a former contestant in a television singing competition is proving to be her advantage and benefitting her team as well :).

    ReplyDelete